Sunday, July 31, 2016

Frequency

ALSO CHECK OUT - How I Murdered Myself 

I have seen a lot of movies, good, bad and ugly. And when I say a lot, I mean a lot. Imagine watching one movie, sometimes even two or three each day. Most of them are forgettable, meaning even a few days later I don't remember much of what I saw and they pass into movie heaven never to be heard of or seen again.

But then there are certain movies that stick with me all along. I never forget them, for various reason. It could be the actor, the location, the setting, the action, or anything else that makes it unforgettable.

And then you come across a movie which ticks all the right boxes, and most importantly it leaves an impression because of its story/writing. This kind of a movie is the very best as for me writing is supreme, it is numero uno. No star or director can save a movie if the writing sucks. 


If I were to make a list of such films (which I am doing right now via this blog), this is frankly the best of the rest! As far as the story and the script goes, this stands apart in originality, mystery, suspense, action, thrill (I rate it as highly as Back To The Future and a tad better than The Butterfly Effect! That's how good it is!).

This is loaded! And it blew me away.

The story is set in two separate timelines - 1999 and 1969. We intercut between the two and meet the two lead characters, in 1999 it's NYPD detective John Sullivan (Caviezel) who stays in the same home as his fireman father Frank (Quaid) who stayed there thirty years ago. 

John find his father's old radio and begins to tinker with it and because of some mumbo jumbo the old radio starts to connect to its old (when it was new) self! Meaning it starts to transmit conversation between two men in two timelines (1999 and 1969) who are talking via the same radio to each other! Meaning using that radio the cop son (John, the cop) starts to talk to his own fireman father (Frank in 1969) one night before the father is going to die in a fire related incident.

Realizing that it's his father he is talking to John warns his father not to do such and such thingy (of course, the son knows how his father died and tries to change events). 

The connection gets cut and father and son separate once again. The next time the son logs in he finds out that his father is still alive and has not perished in the fire as he was supposed to. 

But this one event has changed history because of this small change they have put themselves in danger as a psycho killer will be targeting both in their two different timelines (not to mention their wife/mother has been killed and what not!). So father and son join hands via the radio to stop the brutal killer  targeting them and become a family once again.

Well it may sound confusing and a bit far-fetched but it's really not, inspite of the twisted storyline the it's easily understood and exciting and edge-of-the-seat, nailbiting stuff.

If you haven't seen it, watch this one. No, no, don't thank me, I'm just doing my good deed of the day. But if you do want to help then do check out my writing How I Murdered Myself. 



  




















ALSO CHECK OUT - How I Murdered Myself 

No comments:

Post a Comment