Monday, June 25, 2018

WITHOUT A PADDLE (2004)

I saw this many, many years ago. It has been that long and somehow the film and its characters stuck with me, unfortunately, I didn't remember the name at all. 

And then some time ago I came across it and I remembered, this is what I was looking for - Without A Paddle!

Hilarious, it was, but not very highly rated by reviewers. But if you like Harold & Kumar Go To Whitecastle and mad, crazy movies like those (stoner comedies I think they are called) then you can check this out. It is quite over the top and non-stop nonsense about three friends who go on an adventure. 

The basic story is of four friends, one of whom dies and the
other 3 assemble for his funeral. They head to a treehouse where they used to hang out and find a map that shows them how to get their hands on some dirty money. So leaving everything else in their lives, like any normal youngster would have done, they decide to find the money, little knowing that they are going to have the most horrendous time of their lives. And while going through this torture, we, the audience can laugh at their antics, and the crazy people they encounter on this silly adventure. 

Not as good as Harold & Kumar, but certainly good enough. Surely worth a watch if you in the mood for some madness.


No comments:

Post a Comment